PortTIX is a locally owned box office based in the lobby of Merrill Auditorium. We’re here to answer your questions and help you plan your special night out. We’re proud to be the official ticket seller for events at Merrill Auditorium in Portland, Maine, which is home to Portland Ovations and the Portland Symphony Orchestra.
General Ticketing Information
Official Ticket Outlet
PortTIX is the only authorized outlet for tickets to shows listed on this website. Tickets purchased from other sources are not guaranteed to be genuine and are purchased at the patron’s own risk. Tickets purchased from other sources can’t be reprinted or replaced if lost.
PortTIX has been certified PCI DSS compliant (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). The security standard requires enhanced encryption of credit card data, ensuring that patron information is secure.
For the smoothest buying experience, please log in to your account before choosing your seats. If you do not have an account, please create one.
Tickets may be purchased online up to 1 hour before each event, unless otherwise noted. Tickets may be purchased over the phone or in person until curtain time for most performances.
All sales are final with no refunds or exchanges. In the event of a show cancellation, ticket prices may be refunded at the promoters discretion, but handling fees are non-refundable. Please read our Policies, Terms and Conditions.
Some events offer discounted ticket prices online. To find out if an event offers discounted tickets online, click “More Info” and look to the bottom of the event description. Some discounts are only available over the telephone or in person only. For more information, please call PortTIX at 207-842-0800. Please note that not all shows offer discounted tickets.
Box Office Hours: Monday – Friday, noon to 6:00 PM
When there is a performance outside normal business hours, PortTIX will open 90 minutes prior to curtain.
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT IN THE PORTLAND AREA
PortTIX partners with a wide range of highly talented performing arts organizations including:
- Portland Ovations
- Portland Symphony Orchestra
- Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ
- Maine State Ballet
- Portland Ballet
- Opera Maine
- Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad
- Westbrook Performing Arts Center
Web and SEO Ecommerce Administrator – Part Time 15-20 hrs. per week.
Our Goal: We have recently invested in greatly improved ticketing software, Tessitura (with the online platform TNEW) and invested in greater training for our staff. Now that we have stronger tools we want to make sure we are using them to the best of our ability.
We are looking for an individual who will increase our sales and audience attendance, grow PortTIX online presence to evolve with online technology and adapt to continue to meet customers’ and promoters’ needs.
The Web and SEO Ecommerce Administrator reports to the Director of the PortTIX Box Office and works closely with the Graphics Coordinator and System Administrator.
The position is part-time – 15-20 hours per week. It is expected that you will be at the box office during some of our weekday operating hours (11 – 6 Monday – Friday) for check-ins and meetings. The option for some remote work is negotiable.
This job covers several areas so here is a brief summary of the main areas we will be expecting you to cover.
- Increase sales by optimizing SEO, increase Social Media Presence and improve our website’s customer friendliness. Work with PortTIX to improve web campaigns for promoters and our owner organizations PSO and Portland Ovations.
- Pull data and metrics relating to sales and website behavior, analyze the results and translate them into easily understood forms.
- Familiarity with WordPress website upgrades and maintenance is vital; you are the point person to ensure the website stays current and functional.
- This position will not be centered around creating graphics or in-depth creative text content. You will work in tandem with our graphics designer to make sure to make sure our website, emails, etc are customer friendly. A good eye for form and functionality is needed.
Online Marketing and SEO
- Ensure that PortTIX increases sales by increasing response rate to emails and social media and maintains a strong brand across all of its website, emails, social media, etc.
- Work in tandem with PSO and Ovations marketing directors to make sure that PortTIX is increasing response to their online campaigns.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in organic campaigns.
- Research and report on current industry standards for marketing metrics–click-through rates, web traffic numbers, email open counts, etc.
- Do regular competitive analysis (we cover a wide variety of areas so part of your job will be to help figure out which competitors/ collaborators are worth analyzing and how)
- Keep PortTIX updated on Google updates, market trends, and analyses regarding the web marketing landscape.
- Manage SEO and work with Graphics and Social Media Coordinator to boost organic search results.
- Pull reports from Tessitura and reporting tool TSTATS to measure sales and impact of campaigns. TSATS requires that you build some reports. You do not need to know SQL but you need to know how to pull and present data in a coherent way, both to find what you are looking for and how to present it to other staff members.
- Ensure that PortTIX is effectively collecting data and customer info from our WordFly email platform. WordFly is an email platform that integrates with Tessitura.
- Evaluate metatags and keywords for achieving greater effectiveness.
- Evaluate the value of various paid promotions (Google AdWords, Facebook ads) to increase traffic. Devise plans that will give us the most value for our budget.
Keep PortTIX’s Website Evolving
- Create reports and monitor metrics based on box office Director’s goals. Cut through the mounds of data to find out what is worth tracking and figure out how to best track it.
- Streamline website navigation and increase online presence to potential customers
- Identify any problem areas and come up with actionable plans to increase engagement with the website.
- Research, and when needed implement, changes, and upgrades to our website.
- Work in tandem with System Administrator to make sure Tessitura is functioning optimally in terms of how it functions and appears online. Work to evaluate and implement new features in TNEW and WordPress.
- Work with 3rd party programs/platforms such as Queue-It and WordFly to make sure PortTIX website is functioning optimally
- Research and evaluate additional 3rd Party Services to see if they are of value to PortTIX. Many of Tessitura’s features are provided or enhanced by 3rd parties. This greatly increases functionality but also increases the variables. You will be responsible for implementing services as needed.
- Point person for website customizations & troubleshooting. On larger projects, you will be responsible for coordinating with FYLTE, the local company who designed and provides ongoing maintenance for website and Breakwater, our IT support.
- Provide information & documentation to ensure other staff has access to relevant knowledge to perform their task and perform minor troubleshooting in urgent situations.
- Work with Graphics Coordinator on creating new web pages, maintaining overall look & design integrity of the website. Keep on top of new developments in WordPress.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Proven experience with implementing website and social media presence to increase profitability. Examples include, but are not limited to, incentive offers, identifying specific audience segments for targeted marketing, and strategizing campaigns for niche marketing.
- Understanding the disciplines required to drive traffic to a retail website.
- Computer literate and understanding of basic web technologies (FTP, browsers, basic HTML, data files, WordPress)
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in marketing, SEO or sales
- Sales tracking, audience research, and analysis
- Search engines, web analytics, and business research tools
- Solid understanding of marketing communication (direct marketing, online, advertising, social networks).
- Ability to clearly present analysis in graphic, oral and written form.
- Familiarity with CRM programs.
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly adapt to the Tessitura Ticketing system. There will be a wealth of training resources but the learning curve can be steep. Will need to develop familiarity with pulling lists and running reports.
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment and work with a variety of staff members and departments. Candidate should be able to balance multiple tasks while also helping to make sure that PortTIX and its owner organizations are moving in sync toward their common goals.
- While this position will not be working directly with development staff from Portland Ovations and the Portland Symphony, it will be expected that development’s needs and goals will be considered when creating strategies.
- Willingness to dive-in and assist with hands-on implementation strategies. Duties will not include directly creating creative content or graphics work.
- Time management will be key as well as an ability to work in an active, fast-paced (but friendly) environment.
- A sense of humor will be key. Truly, it will.
To give you a better sense of the position, here are other staff that you will interact with;
- Point person for directing goals of website and SEO and ensuring that goals are met.
- Coordinates with owner organizations and promoters.
- Creates and curates content for blogs, etc.
Box office Assistant Manager
- Assistant director assures that goals for website and SEO are met, specifically that communication amongst staff is clear and effective.
- Backup for Website and SEO maintenance (when SEO and Website admin is out on planned absence or emergency.
- Research Tessitura functionality in a relationship with TNEW and front-end website.
- Work in tandem with Website and SEO Administrator to evaluate options and implement upgrades
- Creates the look of our emails and social media
- Works with Flyte (3rd party website design firm) to ensure that our website’s look stays current
- Works with promoters to ensure that graphics from promoters are adapted to our website, emails etc.
Due Date to Apply is August 17th
Salary is $25 per hour. Option to join employee simple IRA plan with employer 3% match. 1 Week paid vacation.
To apply please send resume (including 3 references) and letter of interest to email@example.com
Please note that we will only be able to respond to applicants who submit a letter of interest and include references in their resume. Thank you.
Portland Ovations brings Theater, music, and dance that connects artists and audiences through live performances onstage and intimate events offstage. Click here to find out information on becoming an Ovations Member.
Portland Symphony Orchestra
PORTLAND SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA
The Portland Symphony Orchestra serves our community by enriching lives through music.
Looking for maximum flexibility and savings? Become a PSO subscriber. Call PortTIX at 207 842-0800 for more information.