Details from the tree lighting from our friends at the City of Portland and Portland Downtown!
Check out their website for the latest updates
Friday, November 29, 2019 • 4:30pm-6:30pm
Hood Eggnog, MEMIC, and Portland Downtown invite you to an evening of entertainment and merriment in Monument Square. Bundle up, enjoy the sights and sounds of the city, and celebrate the official beginning of the holiday season in beautiful downtown Portland, Maine! This is a rain, snow, or shine event.
Things To Do & See:
- Taste delicious complimentary eggnog. Our Presenting Sponsor, Hood Eggnog, is back to wish you season’s greetings!
- Take a group pic (or a selfie!) at our custom-made Ice Photo Frame created by SubZero Ice Carvings.
- Enjoy a free horse & wagon ride through our historic downtown. Rides will operate from 4:00pm to 8:30pm.
- Watch an ice carving demo. Be “wowed” as our friends at SubZero Ice Carvings create a work of art out of a solid block of ice.
- Create-Your-Own-Holiday Card. Pick your own design and add creative flare with our coloring & arts supplies.
- Grab a tasty treat from The Marshmallow Cart or Eighty 8 Donuts.
- Warm up in the warming hut. Portland Public Library‘s cozy atrium will be open if you need a warm-up. Restrooms are also available in the library.
- Countdown to the tree lighting! Emcee Sarah Long, a “wish kid” from Make-A-Wish® Maine, and Santa & Mrs. Claus will lead the countdown at 6:00pm sharp.
- Take a stroll and enjoy our amazing holiday window displays!