PortTIX is hiring 1 additional ticket seller for the current season.
The PortTIX box office at Merrill Auditorium is hiring 1 additional ticket seller for the current season. We sell tickets for the Portland Symphony Orchestra, Portland Ovations, and for other events taking place at Merrill Auditorium & other venues. These events include classical music, dance, Broadway National Tours, family shows, comedy, jazz, rock, popular, and folk music, as well as Christmas train rides and other holiday events. Ticket sellers must familiarize themselves with the events so they can answer questions from patrons. This job is customer service focused with additional office support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Computer proficient
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Enjoys working closely with other staff and supervisors
- Strong communication skills with customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to take on office tasks as needed (data entry, administrative support, etc.)
- Experience with non-profits and/or performance venues
1 Available Position:
- Day-Time Ticket Seller (approx. 20 hrs/wk; 3 shifts/wk, 11:30 am-6:00 pm; some flexibility for more shifts)
Basic Job Info:
- PortTIX is open Noon-6:00 PM, Monday – Saturday (closed Saturdays from May-September)
- This is a seasonal position, running through June 2019
- Day shifts are M-Fri 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM
To apply, send a resume (including 3 references) and brief cover letter in PDF format to employment @ porttix.com. Please include “Day-Time Ticket Seller” in the subject of your email.