PortTIX is hiring ticket sellers for the upcoming holiday season.
The PortTIX box office at Merrill Auditorium is hiring ticket sellers for the upcoming holiday season. We sell tickets for the Portland Symphony Orchestra, Portland Ovations, and for other events taking place at Merrill Auditorium & other venues. These events include classical music, dance, Broadway National Tours, family shows, comedy, jazz, rock, popular, and folk music, as well as Christmas train rides and other holiday events. Ticket sellers must familiarize themselves with the events so they can answer questions from patrons. This job is customer service focused with additional office support.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Computer proficient
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Enjoys working closely with other staff and supervisors
- Strong communication skills with customers and colleagues
- Eagerness to take on office tasks as needed (data entry, administrative support, etc.)
- Experience with non-profits and/or performance venues
2 Available Positions:
- Day-Time Ticket Seller (approx. 20 hrs/wk; 3 shifts/wk, 11:30 am-6:00 pm)
- Day-Time Ticket Seller (approx. 13 hrs/wk; 2 shifts/wk, 11:30 am-6:00 pm)
Basic Job Info:
- PortTIX is open Noon-6:00 PM, Monday – Saturday (closed Saturdays from May-September)
- This is a seasonal position, running through December (with possibility to extend through the end of the season, which runs September – May. Our busiest show schedule falls around the holidays)
- Day shifts are M-Sat 11:30 AM to 6:00 PM
- Evening event shifts generally begin at 5:30 PM and end 30 minutes after curtain
To apply, send a resume (including 3 references) and brief cover letter in PDF format to employment @ porttix.com. Please include “Day-Time Ticket Seller” in the subject of your email.